Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Dates

Hi,

I am looking for a formula which helps in setting up the target dates.

My working days is only 5 days in a week, accordingly I will be setting up
the targets for each activities.

Ex: Activity 1 - Start date is 20th Aug 09 and if I add 10 days to the start
date it would result as 30th Aug 09, but since 30th Aug 09 falls on Sunday,
it should show the Fridays date which is 28th Aug 09.

Accordingly any target dates which falls on Saturday or Sunday, should show
me the target date as Fridays date and not the saturday or sunday.

Any help on this would really be very helpful in using a formula for setting
the targets dates instead me manually working on the target dates.

Regards,
Igneshwara Reddy.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

With your start date in A1 try this

=A1+10-CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1+10,2),0,0,0,0,0,1,2)

Mike

"Igneshwara reddy" wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a formula which helps in setting up the target dates.

My working days is only 5 days in a week, accordingly I will be setting up
the targets for each activities.

Ex: Activity 1 - Start date is 20th Aug 09 and if I add 10 days to the start
date it would result as 30th Aug 09, but since 30th Aug 09 falls on Sunday,
it should show the Fridays date which is 28th Aug 09.

Accordingly any target dates which falls on Saturday or Sunday, should show
me the target date as Fridays date and not the saturday or sunday.

Any help on this would really be very helpful in using a formula for setting
the targets dates instead me manually working on the target dates.

Regards,
Igneshwara Reddy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A1: Start date
A2: Duration

=WORKDAY(A1+A2+1,-1)

"Igneshwara reddy" wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a formula which helps in setting up the target dates.

My working days is only 5 days in a week, accordingly I will be setting up
the targets for each activities.

Ex: Activity 1 - Start date is 20th Aug 09 and if I add 10 days to the start
date it would result as 30th Aug 09, but since 30th Aug 09 falls on Sunday,
it should show the Fridays date which is 28th Aug 09.

Accordingly any target dates which falls on Saturday or Sunday, should show
me the target date as Fridays date and not the saturday or sunday.

Any help on this would really be very helpful in using a formula for setting
the targets dates instead me manually working on the target dates.

Regards,
Igneshwara Reddy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry Mike. The previous post should be under "Igneshwara reddy"

"Teethless mama" wrote:

A1: Start date
A2: Duration

=WORKDAY(A1+A2+1,-1)