Rani

Default How do I get the dates on an excel chart to stay as dates instead.

On some of my Excel charts, the date series on the X axis changes
automatically from a date format to serial numbers. Can anyone help me
figure out why, pls?
Jon Peltier

If the data is in one workbook, and the chart in another, when the data
workbook is closed, the chart can no longer find the right number
format. Reopen the data workbook, activate the chart, double click the
date axis, and click on the Number tab. If the number format is wrong,
fix it there. In any case, uncheck the Linked to Source box, then click
OK. Since you're no longer linked to source, the number format stays
with the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP