Bed

Default Worksheet linking

I receive a spreadsheet everyday via email. It only has one worksheet in it
and I have it linked to another spreadsheet file. Problem I have is that
everyday, the sender of the spreadsheet changes the name of the worksheet
based on a criteria that I can't duplicate. This is breaking the link. Is
there a way to have the 2nd spreadsheet ignore the name of the worksheet in
the first spreadsheet? I tried making my question clearer this time. Thanks.

Bed
SongBear

I can only think of (several) solutions involving VBA macros.
If you are not familiar with or don't want to fool with VBA, I don't think
there is a way. One of the actual VIPs may prove me wrong.
With macros, there are several options that you might consider, all of which
I have done at one time or another.
With VBA you can open files...rename files...open and extract data from
files, write that data to another sheet, then close the original file...
rewrite formulas(including link formulas) using criteria found in the
directory such as file names. To name just a few. These are some that i
learned from a combination of buying several Excel VBA books and using the
Excel VBA help extensively. The one key to learning was having a project to
work on. I had tried for years, but until I had a real project to work on,
the learning was hard and minimal.
Sounds like you are in a prime position to learn a little simple VBA, having
this project.
I may be able to provide some code examples and snipets, let me/the board
know if you are interested in pursuing the VBA option.