Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Create a new sheet dependant on values

I have a large file containing data from a golf tournament I run.
First row contains player name.
Second row shows where they finished.
Columns show the data for each year.
Sheet has over 1000 names (2000 rows)
I'd like to create a new sheet showing only the players and corresponding
data that have competed in the last 5 years (ie any value in the last 5
columns). Is there any function or can I create a macro that will search the
entire sheet and copy to a new sheet column 'A' (name and finish) and both
rows of data for those specific players?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

edwgolz,

Let's say that your first name is in row2, and the 5 years are in column A through E of row 3. Then
in F2, use the formula

=COUNTA(A3:E3) = 5

and in F3, use

=F2

Then copy F2:F3, and paste in F4:F2000. Use data filters based on column F to show only TRUE
values, then Select your data, copy, and paste in a new, blank worksheet.

The key is to create a formula that returns TRUE when you criteria is met....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP