Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match Text return a value from the row

I have a spreadsheet with several columns. I have made a list of values that
I would like to find in the spreadsheet from a specific column (Column D). I
need to return the values from Column B if Column D value matches the value
from my list.

Can someone help me with finding a function to produce this logic?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say cols B & D contain:

994-24-6935 James Smith
164-42-7902 John Johnson
160-51-4133 Robert Williams
697-15-8450 Michael Jones
416-88-7799 William Brown
491-79-2134 David Davis
805-78-1171 Richard Miller
271-13-3137 Charles Wilson
611-73-7500 Joseph Moore
768-47-4953 Thomas Taylor
710-18-2927 Christopher Anderson
586-97-2716 Daniel Thomas
107-27-9723 Paul Jackson
940-67-2563 Mark White
201-81-6046 Donald Harris
143-16-9002 George Martin
164-30-1711 Kenneth Thompson

and F1 thru F3 contains:

Michael Jones
Thomas Taylor
Mark White

In G1 enter:

=OFFSET($B$1,MATCH(F1,D$1:D$17,0)-1,0) and copy down. We see in cols F & G:

Michael Jones 697-15-8450
Thomas Taylor 768-47-4953
Mark White 940-67-2563

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200860

"DrewBe" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with several columns. I have made a list of values that
I would like to find in the spreadsheet from a specific column (Column D). I
need to return the values from Column B if Column D value matches the value
from my list.

Can someone help me with finding a function to produce this logic?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

--