Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting occurance of 0 in two columns

I have two columns, mostly of zeros, and want to count the number of times
both columns are not zero in the same row.

eg
0 5
0 0
1 0
4 2
29 55
0 0
7 4

answer is 3.

I have tried =COUNT(IF((R4:R35=0)*(S4:S35=0),R4:R35)), which comes back as
zero. other attempted methods give 0 or value errors, or wrong answers.

thanks for the help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming the numbers are *always* positive...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A70),--(B1:B70))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cbrown" wrote in message
I have two columns, mostly of zeros, and want to count the number of times
both columns are not zero in the same row.

eg
0 5
0 0
1 0
4 2
29 55
0 0
7 4

answer is 3.

I have tried =COUNT(IF((R4:R35=0)*(S4:S35=0),R4:R35)), which comes back
as
zero. other attempted methods give 0 or value errors, or wrong answers.

thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, it works!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions