Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jd jd is offline

Default averaging from different sheets and folders

I have numbers from 2 files with 2 sheets in each of them. July.xls with
sheets named Daily and Averages and JUNE 2009.xls with sheets named Daily and
Averages. To calculate the averages of July cells G6 and G7 on Daily sheet is
simple: =AVERAGE(DAILY!G6:G7) with this value in the cell on the Average
sheet. But I want to include one or more numbers from the end of the month
off a sheet in a different file name JUNE 2009.xls with sheets named Daily
and Averages? In this example I needed to include cell G35 from June
2009.xls, "Daily" sheet.

Excel returns this formula but it also causes an error:

=AVERAGE(DAILY!G6:G7:'[JUNE 2009.xls]DAILY'!$G$35)

I dont have a problem averaging the two numbers G6:G7 in a file named
"July.xls " but when I try to include the value in cell G35 off of "Daily"
sheet in a folder named "JUNE 2009" I am lost. Help

Thanks
--
JD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try
=(Sum(DAILY!G6:G7)+SUM('[JUNE 2009.xls]DAILY'!$G$35))/
=(count(DAILY!G6:G7)+count('[JUNE 2009.xls]DAILY'!$G$35))
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP