Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using multiple NOW functions

Is it possible to use more than one NOW() function in a worksheet? I need to
show the time of when an exercise is completed. There are 3 exercises per
page. At the moment, when you answer one statement, they all change to the
current time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you're wanting time stamps, you'd need to use some type of VBA. Here's an
example that creates a time stamp in column B when you make a change to A1,
A2, or A3. Right click on sheet tab, view code, paste this in:

'What ranges are you watching?
If Intersect(Target, Range("a1")) Is Nothing And _
Intersect(Target, Range("a2")) Is Nothing And _
Intersect(Target, Range("a3")) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub

End If

'First number is how many rows to offset
'Second number is how many columns
Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Now

Best Regards,

Luke M

"Dgwood90" wrote:

Is it possible to use more than one NOW() function in a worksheet? I need to
show the time of when an exercise is completed. There are 3 exercises per
page. At the moment, when you answer one statement, they all change to the
current time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

How does the spreadsheet know when the exercise is complete?

You can move to a cell and press Ctrl+Shift+: (control colon) to enter the
current time as a hard coded time.

the NOW function is volatile - which means it recalculates everytime the
speadsheet changes.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire