Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need assistance with creating spreadsheet to keep track of $ colle

I'm working on a spreadsheet for my club. I want to keep track of money
collected and to provide a printout for each member's total donation at the
end of the year. I have a list of members' names (300 people). I tried using
Access but had problem with the pull-down and selecting an individual member.
What's the best way to create the spreadsheet? One member may pay several
times a year. Should I have one worksheet with member's name that points to
another worksheet that allows me to enter date/money turned in? Again, at
the end of the year, I want to be able to print out the total member's
donation. THANK YOU!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are numerous ways you can do what you want. I would have one sheet
with all the member's names in, say, Column A. Each member's row would
include date and dollars paid. In other words, say John is in Row 10 Column
A. B10 would have a date and C10 would have the money he paid on that date.
If he paid again, the date would be in D10 and the money in E10, and so
forth. No manual entries would be made in that sheet except for the names
in Column A.
I would have a data entry sheet that would have one Data Validation cell
with a list of all the members, and 2 other cells for the date and amount
paid. That's all that would be on that sheet. I would employ VBA that
would automatically transfer the date and amount paid to the sheet described
above, in the row of the selected member.
I would have a 3rd sheet that would be the printout sheet at the end of the
year. Again, I would use VBA to print a single member's data or all
members' data at one time. You might also want to simply view one member's
data. This could be done by clicking on a button in the sheet that has the
Data Validation cell. As I said, there are many ways to do this. HTH Otto
"YJOHN5217" wrote in message
I'm working on a spreadsheet for my club. I want to keep track of money
collected and to provide a printout for each member's total donation at
the
end of the year. I have a list of members' names (300 people). I tried
using
Access but had problem with the pull-down and selecting an individual
member.
What's the best way to create the spreadsheet? One member may pay several
times a year. Should I have one worksheet with member's name that points
another worksheet that allows me to enter date/money turned in? Again, at
the end of the year, I want to be able to print out the total member's
donation. THANK YOU!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

VBA is a programming language that is built-in to Excel that allows the user
to utilize the programming features of Excel. Look in Excel help for Data
Validation. I'll build a small file for you and you can take it from there.
Send me an email and I'll send you the file. Otto