Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Range sort with numerical ranking

If I have these #'s in these days....

1 Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
2 29 138 18 177 139 150 169

3 6 5 7 1 4 3 2

How can I give the Max #1, the Min # 7, and the proper rankings/places in
between ? ( row 3)

Thanks,

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Cell A3

=RANK(A2,$A$2:$G$2)

and copy the formula to the right...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Steve" wrote:

If I have these #'s in these days....

1 Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
2 29 138 18 177 139 150 169

3 6 5 7 1 4 3 2

How can I give the Max #1, the Min # 7, and the proper rankings/places in
between ? ( row 3)

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I will assume that "Sat" is in A1, and 29 is in A2
In C3 enter =RANK(A2,$A$2:$G$2)
Copy across the row
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
If I have these #'s in these days....

1 Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
2 29 138 18 177 139 150 169

3 6 5 7 1 4 3 2

How can I give the Max #1, the Min # 7, and the proper rankings/places in
between ? ( row 3)

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions