Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Commision Rate by margin

Howdy All,

I'm trying to write a formula that will look at a cell (say A1), which is a
profit margin in percent (ie: 25%), then based on the range the margin falls
in, place a Commission rate in the cell.

Example.

A1 = 25%

Commission Ranges by Profit Margin:

0 to 18% = 0% commission
18% to 25% = 22% commission
25% = 30% commission.

So what I want is a formula that will look at the profit margin in A1 and
put the appropriate commission rate in the cell.

Thanks a million!
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks a million Fred, works like a charm!

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
Something like this:
=if(a1<18%,0,if(a1<25%,22%,30%))

Regards,
Fred

"Brian" wrote in message
Howdy All,

I'm trying to write a formula that will look at a cell (say A1), which is
a profit margin in percent (ie: 25%), then based on the range the margin
falls in, place a Commission rate in the cell.

Example.

A1 = 25%

Commission Ranges by Profit Margin:

0 to 18% = 0% commission
18% to 25% = 22% commission
25% = 30% commission.

So what I want is a formula that will look at the profit margin in A1 and
put the appropriate commission rate in the cell.

Thanks a million!
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glad I could help.Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Fred

"Brian" wrote in message
Thanks a million Fred, works like a charm!

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
Something like this:
=if(a1<18%,0,if(a1<25%,22%,30%))

Regards,