Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate Revenue based on dates within a month

Hi,

I need help calculating the revenue for the month of August. The date fomat
is mm/dd/yy. I have many rows of data. The projecte dates are in Column L
and the Factored MRR Revenue is in Column AO. The projected dates are from
Jan - Dec. I only need to extract the revenue for the dates in August.

Can someone please help me. I've tried using the Sumif formula but I can't
figure out how to write the formula to extract dates in August.
--
Thanks, Annie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Annie wrote:
Hi,

I need help calculating the revenue for the month of August. The date fomat
is mm/dd/yy. I have many rows of data. The projecte dates are in Column L
and the Factored MRR Revenue is in Column AO. The projected dates are from
Jan - Dec. I only need to extract the revenue for the dates in August.

Can someone please help me. I've tried using the Sumif formula but I can't
figure out how to write the formula to extract dates in August.

Something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(L1:L100)=8)*AO1:AO100)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Annie wrote:
I received a #VALUE! error

Make sure that there are actually dates in column L, not text that looks like a
date. Otherwise, post your formula and some of the data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

you're right, I was using the wrong data range... LOL Thanks!!