-   -   Calculate Revenue based on dates within a month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/238411-calculate-revenue-based-dates-within-month.html)

Annie

Calculate Revenue based on dates within a month

Hi,

I need help calculating the revenue for the month of August. The date fomat
is mm/dd/yy. I have many rows of data. The projecte dates are in Column L
and the Factored MRR Revenue is in Column AO. The projected dates are from
Jan - Dec. I only need to extract the revenue for the dates in August.

Can someone please help me. I've tried using the Sumif formula but I can't
figure out how to write the formula to extract dates in August.
--
Thanks, Annie

Glenn

Annie wrote:
Hi,

I need help calculating the revenue for the month of August. The date fomat
is mm/dd/yy. I have many rows of data. The projecte dates are in Column L
and the Factored MRR Revenue is in Column AO. The projected dates are from
Jan - Dec. I only need to extract the revenue for the dates in August.

Can someone please help me. I've tried using the Sumif formula but I can't
figure out how to write the formula to extract dates in August.

Something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(L1:L100)=8)*AO1:AO100)

Annie

Calculate Revenue based on dates within a month

I received a #VALUE! error
--

"Glenn" wrote:

Annie wrote:
Hi,

I need help calculating the revenue for the month of August. The date fomat
is mm/dd/yy. I have many rows of data. The projecte dates are in Column L
and the Factored MRR Revenue is in Column AO. The projected dates are from
Jan - Dec. I only need to extract the revenue for the dates in August.

Can someone please help me. I've tried using the Sumif formula but I can't
figure out how to write the formula to extract dates in August.

Something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(L1:L100)=8)*AO1:AO100)

Glenn

Calculate Revenue based on dates within a month

Annie wrote:
I received a #VALUE! error

Make sure that there are actually dates in column L, not text that looks like a
date. Otherwise, post your formula and some of the data.

Annie

Calculate Revenue based on dates within a month

you're right, I was using the wrong data range... LOL Thanks!!