Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Web Query

I have a listing of a few thousand locations for which I would like to
perform a web search to determine the distance from each location in my list
to another location. More specifically, I am searching for distance from a
specific retail store location. For example, I can go to yellowpages.com and
search for the nearest walmart to zip code 12345, and yellow pages will tell
me the nearest Walmart to 12345 is 3.2 miles away. I would like to import
into a column of excel 3.2 miles by searching each of several thousand zip
codes from my excel file.

The two problems I am having a

1. I don't know how to ask the web page to look within my excel file for the
zip code to search

2. I don't know how to import only the portion of the "table" from the
webpage I want. My first attemps only allow me to import the entire page
(the yellow arrow from the import data from webpage function is only lined up
with the entire page and doesn't break it down into smaller selections of
data.

I assume there is some way for this to work, but don't quite know how to get
there.

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance
for your help.

Eric