Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Validation of input against the active directory

A spreadsheet contains a column of valid AD user names. I would like to
validate the user's input of these names against the active directory user
account 'display name' property after user key-in data into this column.
Sample data:
Time Server Login Name Login Reason
07:01 SS233 Username 123 M20080410000321
12:40 SS1728 Username 234 Remedy 434343
16:24 MM213 Username 244 Trouble 042323
How can I use a macro to detect changes in Login Name and if corresponding
Server cell is not empty, then lookup in the AD, validate if the spelling of
Login Name entered is correct?