Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel and Active Directory

We have a user group in active directory that has the Run Only Allowed
Programs policy configured. When one of my users attempts to use Excel's
help, it's giving him an error that he's not allowed to run the program.
Excel.exe is in my list of allowed programs; it's something else that's
attempting to start when he starts the help. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Later version of Excel have online help connections, it might be that your
user's excel help is setup to go online? To turn that off do
toolsoptionsgeneral, select service options then Online content and
deselect show content and links from Microsoft Office online.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom