Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate Future Date but don't want

Hello.

I have some tasks that where the duration is in days (not workdays).

What formula would I used to calcuate a future date and if it lands on a
weekend to "round up" the future date to the following Monday (or round down
the Friday)

I know of the workday function but I believe the day input is the number of
workdays needed (where I have total days needed).

--
Thanks,

Morocco Mole
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You could try this. I am sure there is a better way to solve this problem.

=IF(TEXT(G5+G6,"dddd")="Sunday",G5+G6+1,IF(TEXT(G5 +G6,"dddd")="Saturday",G5+G6-1,G5+G6))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Morocco Mole" wrote in message
Hello.

I have some tasks that where the duration is in days (not workdays).

What formula would I used to calcuate a future date and if it lands on a
weekend to "round up" the future date to the following Monday (or round
down
the Friday)

I know of the workday function but I believe the day input is the number
of
workdays needed (where I have total days needed).

--
Thanks,

Morocco Mole

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What formula would I used to calcuate a future date and if it lands on
a weekend to "round up" the future date to the following Monday (or
round down the Friday)

If the future date is in A1, here's one way to round up weekends to Monday:
=A1+IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)5,8-WEEKDAY(A1,2),0)

And to round down to Friday:
=A1-MAX(0,WEEKDAY(A1,2)-5)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you all for the support!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:21:01 -0700, Morocco Mole
wrote:

Hello.

I have some tasks that where the duration is in days (not workdays).

What formula would I used to calcuate a future date and if it lands on a
weekend to "round up" the future date to the following Monday (or round down
the Friday)

I know of the workday function but I believe the day input is the number of
workdays needed (where I have total days needed).

You can still use the Workday function, but only to add/subtract the last day.
And you can still use a list of holidays in case the Monday or Friday
represents a holiday, and you want to not have your answer on that day.

A1: Start Date
B1: Num of Days to add

To "round up" to Monday:

=WORKDAY(A1+B1-1,1)