Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Calculate Future Date but don't want

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:21:01 -0700, Morocco Mole
wrote:

Hello.

I have some tasks that where the duration is in days (not workdays).

What formula would I used to calcuate a future date and if it lands on a
weekend to "round up" the future date to the following Monday (or round down
the Friday)

I know of the workday function but I believe the day input is the number of
workdays needed (where I have total days needed).

You can still use the Workday function, but only to add/subtract the last day.
And you can still use a list of holidays in case the Monday or Friday
represents a holiday, and you want to not have your answer on that day.

A1: Start Date
B1: Num of Days to add

To "round up" to Monday:

=WORKDAY(A1+B1-1,1)