Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BAD BAD is offline

Default Lookup Formula

I have worksheet #1 that has Name and Email Address.

I have worksheet #2 that has Name and Employee ID number.

I want to add a cell next to Employee ID number called email address. The
formula in this cell should be something like, Lookup the name in Worksheet
#1 and if it matches Worksheet #2, give the email address.

THe worksheet #1 with the email address has lots of outdated email addresses
and I am trying to retrieve only the current employees from that worksheet.

Any suggestions if this is even possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A simple Vlookup formula should do.

Sheet1 - name in A2 to A100,
e-mail in B2 to B100

Sheet2 - Name starting in A2.

In C2 of Sheet2, enter this formula:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet1!A$2:A$100,0)),"",VLOOKUP( A2,Sheet1!A$2:B$100,2,0))

And copy down Column C as far as you have names in Column A.

--
HTH,

RD

#1 and if it matches Worksheet #2, give the email address.