Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Spliting dimensions down

I have a lot of carton dimensions that are always presented in the same
manner and would like to be able to split the individual dimensions
into seperate columns.
The format is always: Length Width Height
Presentation of data is always ???x???x??? or ??x??x??? (ie two or
three chrs seperated by the letter X)
If the full string is stored in column A I would like B to display
Length, C the Width and D the Height.
I find it easy to use LEFT for Length but struggling with Width and
Height which I'm sure are easy, just can't get my head around it.

Thanks
Phil

--
PSM