Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Spliting Cells

I need help. I sp;lit te cells and I need to know how to conly write in one f
them because when i write in one it write in the toehr one does anyone know
know what i mean
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Probably the cells are "merged". They can be un-merged by selecting them,
then doing Right-click formatCells AlignmentTab ....uncheck the
MergeCells box......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Cassidy" wrote in message
I need help. I sp;lit te cells and I need to know how to conly write in

one f
them because when i write in one it write in the toehr one does anyone

know
know what i mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cells cannot be "split" so you must be doing something else that makes them look
split.

When you find out what that is, you should be able to sort out your problem.

Perhaps you have a border around two cells and across the middle of the cells
that make it look one split cell?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Cassidy" wrote in message
I need help. I sp;lit te cells and I need to know how to conly write in

one f
them because when i write in one it write in the toehr one does anyone

know
know what i mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No. I am not doing anything wrong heres the link. to what I did...and when i
do that and i type in one say the top section it writes it in the cesond
section..If I write in row one in the first section it writes it in row one
in the seocnd section and i dont want that
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/ex...033#SplitPanes

and yea and the first part the freezing cells it only lets me freeze the top
row how come i can't free the third or forth row???

"Cassidy" wrote in message
I need help. I sp;lit te cells and I need to know how to conly write in
one f
them because when i write in one it write in the toehr one does anyone
know
know what i mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you are so convinced that you've done nothing wrong, I am surprised
that you are asking advice from experts like Gord.

If you want to receive useful responses, then you would do better by using
the right words to describe what you've done. If you look at the link
you've quoted, it doesn't talk about splitting cells, it talks about
splitting panes. In that situation you have two panes which can (depending
on where you scroll the panes) both include the same cells, so that is why
you are seeing two views of what you are changing. If you look at the row
and column headers in the two (or four) panes, then you can see which cells
are visible in which pane, and which cells are selected.

As far as the other option, Freezing Panes, is concerned, then if you want
to freeze the top four rows, select the fifth row before you Freeze Panes.
--
David Biddulph

"Cassidy" wrote in message
I need help. I sp;lit te cells and I need to know how to conly write
in
one f
them because when i write in one it write in the toehr one does
anyone
know
know what i mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry

I don't have 2007 installed so can't address your concerns other than to
re-state what David posted.

The link points to a site that explains working with split panes, not split
cells.

But, if you're doing nothing wrong, then you have no problem to address in any
case.

Gord

"Cassidy" wrote in message
I need help. I sp;lit te cells and I need to know how to conly write in
one f
them because when i write in one it write in the toehr one does anyone
know
know what i mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord

FYI there is no difference with XL2007, other than when you select
Freeze Panes there are 3 options
1 Freeze at the point of current cursor placement
2 Freeze top row only
3 Freeze First column only

If the OP chose either option 2 or 3, they may have though they couldn't
freeze other than first row.

David's response adequately describes the situation that prevails
whichever version the OP is using.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Cassidy" wrote in message
I need help. I sp;lit te cells and I need to know how to conly
write in
one f
them because when i write in one it write in the toehr one does
anyone
know
know what i mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Roger.

"One of these days" 2007 will get installed<g

Gord