Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Retrieve formula instead of value

Does anyone know if it is possible to retrieve a fromula instead of a
value from another cell.

Now I have a huge lookup table where I use match/index function to
retrieve formula's result. For each cell I have all possible results
calculated (+/- 360 rows by 40 columns), depending on the code
(columns=formula) it returns the value. But I'm wondering if excel does
have any function/command to retrieve a formula while looking up and not
the result. This would do away with my huge lookup table, instead I
would have only a small lookup table with formula's and only use a
vlookup to retrieve the formula (40 rows by 2 columns). Problems would
be that the formula must overwrite the vlookup funcion or write the
formula in another cell.

Thanks,

willemeulen

Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands)
willemeulen's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=116965

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I suspect you need a customs VBA function:

Function celFormula(C As Range) As String
celFormula = Cell.Formula
End Function

willemeulen wrote in
: