Marina

Default Help with SUMIF function criteria

I am trying to sum column I based on the rows that do not have either Jason
or Michael in column D.

=SUMIF('Master Client List-do not edit'!D:D,"<Jason""<Michael",'Master
Client List-do not edit'!I3:I65535)

However, the above formula is giving me the results number of unique #rows
not equal to Michael and #rows not equal to Jason (i.e. all rows because it
sees it as an OR rather than an AND).

What is the correct formula?

Marina
Alan

I think SUMIF will only deal with one condition.
Try
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20000<"Jason")*(A1:A20000<"Mich ael"))
Adjust to suit, note that SUMPRODUCT will not work with whole columns (A:A)
etc, it has to be a specified range like A1:A36000, the same range of rows
must be used in all columns. This is well documented in help, post back if
you have a problem,
Regards,
Alan.
"Marina" wrote in message
I am trying to sum column I based on the rows that do not have either Jason
or Michael in column D.

=SUMIF('Master Client List-do not edit'!D:D,"<Jason""<Michael",'Master
Client List-do not edit'!I3:I65535)

However, the above formula is giving me the results number of unique #rows
not equal to Michael and #rows not equal to Jason (i.e. all rows because
it
sees it as an OR rather than an AND).

What is the correct formula?

Marina

Aladin Akyurek

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNA(MATCH('Master Client List-do not
edit'!D3:D65536,{"Jason",Michael"},0)),'Master
Client List-do not edit'!I3:I65536)

Marina wrote:
I am trying to sum column I based on the rows that do not have either Jason
or Michael in column D.

=SUMIF('Master Client List-do not edit'!D:D,"<Jason""<Michael",'Master
Client List-do not edit'!I3:I65535)

However, the above formula is giving me the results number of unique #rows
not equal to Michael and #rows not equal to Jason (i.e. all rows because it
sees it as an OR rather than an AND).

What is the correct formula?

Marina

zackb

Just out of curiosity, why such a long name for an Excel Worksheet? Seems
it could make for a very long formula, sometimes daunting to users.

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr