Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Weighted Average of Variance

I am trying to find weighted averages of price variances for several
salespeople. They may have several accounts and they could have exceeded,
matched, or missed their sales target. I am trying to find their average
variance. This is what I am trying to do but can't figure it out.

(# of specific fruit)/(total of all fruit)*(amount above or below target
price)

ID # Sales Mgr Amt. Above/Below Tgt

X1 Smith -$7
X2 Smith $5