Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Functions as text

Can someone explain why sometimes when entering a function into a
cell, it is treated as text. I'll usually go to another worksheet,
enter the function and copy/paste value back to the worksheet that
doesn't seem to recognize the =. I'm using 2003 but this has happened
when using other versions as well. Any chance it may to do with using
ASAP Utilities?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jack,

Based on what I know it happens when the cells are pre-formatted as
text before you entered your formula there. It typically happens when
you download data from some system and try to do formulae in there.
What I do is this - before I enter my formula I change the cell format
to General and then enter my formula and then it works. When I copy
and paste this down it still works for me.

Try it. Hope this helps.

Regards,
- AG