Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default scheduling

I have 6 shops I schedule employees for different shifts. Each shop has 4 to
6 shifts.
My goal is to comprise a simplified spreadsheet that lists, the shop #, the
shift, and what employee worked that shift. The reason for this is to
calculate tips earned based on a % of sales for a specific shift.
I currently have 3 workbook groups set up.
1. A sheet set up I enter the daily sales by hour. That sheet gets coppied
2. A sheet called "data" which calculates the sales totals by day, by shift,
and by a formula for the amount of tips to pay the employee. Each day is a
seperate sheet. The totals then go to
3. A sumerized sheet that lists each employee and amount of tips to pay.

Where the problem is, in order to get to #3, I print the schedule that lists
Employee #, Employee, and what shop they work at, for what shift. I then
have to go through each day, each shift to enter the employee number in to #2
sheet.

That process takes 2-3 hours on payroll day and can become confusing very
quickly. I would like to be able to make my schedule, enter my sales and
then be able to print off a list of tip totals. Does anyone know how to link
all this data to make payroll day easier??

I would be happy to email my current sheets if anyone can make this job
easier.

Thanks in advance.
Shannon