Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculation options change arbitrarily

I have a date stamp function on a spreadsheet to track when people enter
data; it is a function I found on an earlier posting. The function creates a
circular reference, so the iteration checkbox is clicked on the
options/calculation tab. Everything works fine, except, occasionally, for no
reason, the iteration checkbox is cleared! why is this and ow do I stop it
from doing this. Using Excel 2000 on Windows NT.

Thank you.

Alex Mackenzie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Alex,

Usually, a better option for time/data stamping is to use the worksheet's change event. Post more
detail about which cells you want to stamp, and where the stamp should be stored, and we can set you
up with that option.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP