Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need Help to repeat a symbol in each cell in a column

I have a database full of information. In one of the columns I have emails,
Im wondering is there anyway that I can add a ";" in every cell at the end of
the email without having to go to each cell and add ; at the end ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assume email running in A2 down
In B2: =A2&";"
Copy down
--
Max
Singapore
"MicrosoftUserDarren" wrote:
I have a database full of information. In one of the columns I have emails,
Im wondering is there anyway that I can add a ";" in every cell at the end of
the email without having to go to each cell and add ; at the end ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the function ....... CONCATENATE

=CONTENATE(EMAIL_CELL,COMMA_CELL)

REGARDS
Rajesh Mehmi

"MicrosoftUserDarren" wrote
in message ...
I have a database full of information. In one of the columns I have emails,
Im wondering is there anyway that I can add a ";" in every cell at the end
of
the email without having to go to each cell and add ; at the end ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can use the following code to add ; to every cell in any selection you
make:

Sub AddSemiColon()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
cell = cell & ";"
Next cell

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"MicrosoftUserDarren" wrote:

I have a database full of information. In one of the columns I have emails,
Im wondering is there anyway that I can add a ";" in every cell at the end of
the email without having to go to each cell and add ; at the end ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What Shane provided is a macro which will do the same on the selection. You
dont need to have a additional column. to try out set the Security level to
low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). From workbook launch VBE using
short-key Alt+F11. From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code.
Save. Get back to Workbook.

Select the range of cells with email and run macro from Tools|Macro|Run
<selected macro()

Sub AddSemiColon()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection