Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Conditional Sum Help

I am pulling information off two different documents to try and creat
conditional values in the current spreadshet(Daily Store Totals). I am trying
to pull information off of the Daily Customer Totals. The sheet is a
continuous listing by date of all information:
A B C

1 DATE STORE CODE Customer
2 5/30/09 601 John Smith
3 6/1/09 813 Joe Black
4 6/1/09 724 Jim Chang
5 6/1/09 619 Jerry Fiest
6 6/1/09 813 Steven Calhoon

I am trying to count how many applications were submited by the store code
on each day. So I am trying to make a conditional function in the new
spreadsheet:

A B C D
1 Date | 6/1/09

2 Store Code | Total App Rec | Den | Pen | Apr |
3 601 =Function?
4 619
5 724
6 813

I am running 2003 excell and cant wrap my head around how to format the
function, i was trying to do =IF('[Daily Customer Totals]Sheet
1'!$B:$B=A3,IF('[Daily Customer Totals]Sheet 1'!$A:$A=B1, SUMIF('[Daily
Customer Totals]Sheet 1'!$B:$B, A3, .......... or somthing along those lines.
Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You'll want to use SUMPRODUCT for multiple criteria checks. I believe you need

=SUMPRODUCT(('[Daily Customer Totals]Sheet 1'!$B$2:$B$100=$A3)*('[Daily
Customer Totals]Sheet 1'!$A$2:$A$100=B$1))

SUMPRODUCT allows you to multiply arrays against each other, so your final
sum/count will only include conditions where TRUE*TRUE (1*1) exists. Note
that with pre-2007 XL, SUMPRODUCT can not reference an entire column.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M