Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MULTIPLE CONDITIONAL FORMATS

Column D is formated as follows ="TODAY()-90" so that if it is over 90 days
past due the font will turn red... but I am trying to format it so that if I
have text entered into column F it stays black as the format doesn't apply...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Excel 2003 you can have upto three conditions and the first one which is
found to be true is applied to the cell.

"Pattee" wrote:

Column D is formated as follows ="TODAY()-90" so that if it is over 90 days
past due the font will turn red... but I am trying to format it so that if I
have text entered into column F it stays black as the format doesn't apply...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I know but I can not get it to work... It doesn't recognize that I have
anything in G... Maybe I am not setting it up right... so I would have the
one (column D) ="TODAY()-90" be the second condition but how would I set up
the second one that states column D doesn't turn red text is entered in
column F?

"Pattee" wrote:

Column D is formated as follows ="TODAY()-90" so that if it is over 90 days
past due the font will turn red... but I am trying to format it so that if I
have text entered into column F it stays black as the format doesn't apply...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select Col D (if you want to highlight Col D based on Col F)
Choose Formula is
Enter the formula as
=F1<""
if D1 is the first cell you have selected.

This will be true whenever F has a value in corresponding row.

Have this as the first condition.

If you want to highlight the whole row, then select multiple columns and
enter the condition as
=$F1<""