Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default can I use the sumif function with cell formatting as the criteria

I want to be able to add the values in a column of cells based on the color
formatting of that cell as the criteria. Is there a way to do that with
sumif or is there some other function that will do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can't use any of Excel's functions to sum based on color unless the
color is itself applied based on a condition which you can enter in a regular
formula. You can write a VBA function to sum based on color.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire