Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default AUTOMATICALLY CHANGING DATA FROM CELLS ON DIFF SHEETS

Hi

I am trying to figure out how to setup my spreadsheet so that the data in
one cell automatically changes when the data on another cell is changed.
However, the data in the one cell is based on whether or not the adjacent
cell is color coded or highlighted in Green.

So for example, If Column M1 is highlighted in green then N1's cell will be
20% and on another sheet I am summarizing all of the steps I am keeping track
of so to show the progress of a certain program. So D1's data will equal N1
only if M1 is highlighted but Since there are many steps involved and
percentages assigned, N1-N20 can have a percentage assigned to them, so which
ever of the M1-M20 is highlighted will equal what D1 will be. So basically I
go and highlight a cell depending on it's current status and use that
percentage to show the progress of it. The progress is summed on another
sheet with many different programs but I just want to show the current
progress each is in.

I know this is confusing, but hopefully you will be able to assist. I can
ellaborate on this if needed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Excel's formula can't use color coding to control their actions. You can
either 1. write a custom VBA function to do this, or 2. You can try to
incorporate the color coding criteria in a formula for the cell.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire