Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting Coloumns that are Formula's

I have a set of data that I'm trying to sort. The data itself is coming from
a formula, but when selected the full set of data, going to Data Sort,
choosing the coloumn I want to sort on (which again is a formula) it does not
sort it correctly.

I've tried this with several different formula's that I've been using; Rank,
Index/Match combination, Vlookup, etc. It seems as though the SORT FUNCTION
does not work on cells that are formula's?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
It won't work, you have to work around it, insert a column, make a copy of
the column with the formulas and paste it as values in the new column then
sort the information by this new column, you can hide this column after

if this helps please click yes, thanks