Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macros

My office just upgraded to MS Office 2007 and I am having some problems with
the macros in Excel and Word. I have recorded them correctly and most of
them work just fine, but there is one that I use often in Excel that
everytime I try to use the macro I have created it gives me the error "Can
not run the macro 'name'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or
all
macros may be disabled." But I set it up exactly the same as the same as
the others in my PERSONAL.XLS and it is shown as a default to let them be in
all open workbooks...

In Word I set up a macro to do a signature block for letters, but every now
and again it messes up???

Please HELP anyone that can give any answers would be hugely appreciated!!!

Day 2...

This a.m. I deleted my personal.xls and discovered I had 2 so I deleted both
and retarted to regenerate an excel template. I rerecorded my macros and on
the first try they worked, but then when I tried to use them inside of
another program that we use as an add-in and also outside of that program in
excel alone I got Microsoft Visual Basic Error 400. Another lady is having
the exact same issue and we are both beyond fustrated and out of ideas any
insight would be more than helpful at this point...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

All my settings are set to allow macros to run. Is this an alternate file
ext? is that different than having the security set to low?

"Noxzema" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
If you do a Save as in 2007, then open the extension dialog arrow and you
will find the xlsm as enable macro, try it

"Noxzema" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ok I tried that, but it jsut gave me 2 copies of a personal workbook. but
the macros only worked in that one workbook. I deleted the 2nd copy but
still the same result. but when i first recorded them it asks if they should
be saved to personal and open in all docs which is what i want, but now i can
see them in the toolbar where i have added them, but i keep getting the error
that the macro cannot be run. inside our program and also in excel alone.
Any other ideas I can try?

"Noxzema" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The personal macro workbook in Excel 2007 needs an extension of .XLSB

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Noxzema" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wouldn't it be NICE if we could use the SAME personal file for both 2003 and
2007!!

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Noxzema" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

if only...

My personal is a .xlsb and still nothing. there is one person who
everything is working fine for in and out of excel and the program we use to
manage the files. i set them up for her and I can't tell what is different
about the settings on our computers. everything is exactly the same as far
as I can tell. what am I not seeing?!?!?!?