Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Header Row with Option to Shrink/Expand Rows Beneath

Hi,

I'm sure I've seen someone do this but I can't remember how it was done...

Basically I am trying to group a number of rows under a heading row (in a
project plan) and want to simply show the heading row with the option to
expand it and see the rows beneath if needed (similar to what MS Project
would do). I'm sure I've seen someone do this and a cross appears in the row
number column to enable the user to expand it if required.

Does anyone know how to do this?!

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Select cells in the rows which you want to hide and then press
Alt+Shift+Right arrow. Now select rows. To ungroup, select Alt+Shift+Left
arrow

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"kippers" wrote in message

I'm sure I've seen someone do this but I can't remember how it was done...

Basically I am trying to group a number of rows under a heading row (in a
project plan) and want to simply show the heading row with the option to
expand it and see the rows beneath if needed (similar to what MS Project
would do). I'm sure I've seen someone do this and a cross appears in the
row
number column to enable the user to expand it if required.

Does anyone know how to do this?!

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cells to be grouped. Suppose if Row2 is having a task and you want
to group the 3 sub tasks under row2 task.. If sub tasks are in row 3,4,5.

1. Select the 3 cells with tasks in row 3,4,5.
2. From menuDataGroup and OutlineGroup
3. From DataGroup and OutlineSettings uncheck 'Summary rows below detail'

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria