Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Header Row with Option to Shrink/Expand Rows Beneath

Hi,

Select cells in the rows which you want to hide and then press
Alt+Shift+Right arrow. Now select rows. To ungroup, select Alt+Shift+Left
arrow

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"kippers" wrote in message

I'm sure I've seen someone do this but I can't remember how it was done...

Basically I am trying to group a number of rows under a heading row (in a
project plan) and want to simply show the heading row with the option to
expand it and see the rows beneath if needed (similar to what MS Project
would do). I'm sure I've seen someone do this and a cross appears in the
row
number column to enable the user to expand it if required.

Does anyone know how to do this?!

Thanks,