Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Spreadsheet

Can anyone help me with an excel spreadsheet using interest rate?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's a bit vague Lynn... You need to be specific to get an answer!

Sam

Can anyone help me with an excel spreadsheet using interest rate?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

what you are looking for?

=rate(nper,pmt,pv,type,guess)

Nper is the total number of payment periods in an annuity.

Pmt is the payment made each period and cannot change over the life of
the annuity. Typically, pmt includes principal and interest but no other fees
or taxes. If pmt is omitted, you must include the fv argument.

Pv is the present value€” the total amount that a series of future
payments is worth now.

Fv is the future value, or a cash balance you want to attain after the
last payment is made. If fv is omitted, it is assumed to be 0 (the future
value of a loan, for example, is 0).

Type is the number 0 or 1 and indicates when payments are due.

--
pleae click yes if it was helpfull
regards from Brazil

Can anyone help me with an excel spreadsheet using interest rate?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jan Principal Interest rate #of days Interest billed

Prime Rate Prime rate interest billed Interest rate minus prime
Feb
Mar
april
may

Does that make sense

Can anyone help me with an excel spreadsheet using interest rate?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am looking to create a spreeadsheet finding the interest on priniciple.
Like:

Principle Int Rate # of days Int Billed Prime Rate Prime amount
on Principle

"Lynn" escreveu:

Can anyone help me with an excel spreadsheet using interest rate?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Syntax

PV(rate,nper,pmt,fv,type)

Rate is the interest rate per period. For example, if you obtain an
automobile loan at a 10 percent annual interest rate and make monthly
payments, your interest rate per month is 10%/12, or 0.83%. You would enter
10%/12, or 0.83%, or 0.0083, into the formula as the rate.

Nper is the total number of payment periods in an annuity. For example,
if you get a four-year car loan and make monthly payments, your loan has 4*12
(or 48) periods. You would enter 48 into the formula for nper.

Pmt is the payment made each period and cannot change over the life of
the annuity. Typically, pmt includes principal and interest but no other fees
or taxes. For example, the monthly payments on a $10,000, four-year car loan
at 12 percent are $263.33. You would enter -263.33 into the formula as the
pmt. If pmt is omitted, you must include the fv argument.

Fv is the future value, or a cash balance you want to attain after the
last payment is made. If fv is omitted, it is assumed to be 0 (the future
value of a loan, for example, is 0). For example, if you want to save $50,000
to pay for a special project in 18 years, then $50,000 is the future value.
You could then make a conservative guess at an interest rate and determine
how much you must save each month. If fv is omitted, you must include the pmt
argument.