Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Range Names

How can I create a range name that can only be used for a particular
worksheet, instead of the entire workbook?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Range names are defaulted to the sheet in which they are named.

Select a range................A1:F10 then define the name.

You will see the name refers to =Sheet1!A1:F10

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:24:01 -0700, Té wrote:

How can I create a range name that can only be used for a particular
worksheet, instead of the entire workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Té wrote...
How can I create a range name that can only be used for a particular
worksheet, instead of the entire workbook?

Depends on what you mean.

You could define names at worksheet level. If the worksheet in which
you want to define the name were named X, and you wanted to use the
name A, define the name X!A referring to whatever you want. In
worksheet X when your formulas refer to A, that will refer to the name
A defined in worksheet X. However, you can refer to this name in other
worksheets as X!A. There's no way to hide worksheet-level names from
use in other worksheets.