Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Last Date Modified

I need help in setting up a cell to reflect the Last Date Modified of a Word
Document. I did try Google but I don't fully understand the code that they
are saying to use... is there someone who can walk me through how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can try this UDF which will get you the date and time of any file. If you
are new to UDF set the Security level to low/medium in
(Tools|Macro|Security). From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11.
From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code. Save. Get back to
Workbook.

Function GetFileDateTime(strFile)
GetFileDateTime = FileDateTime(strFile)
End Function

To use this from cell; try this formula
(pass the full path)
=GetFileDateTime("c:\temp.doc")

PS: You will have to recalculate if the file is saved again.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"snickers22" wrote:

I need help in setting up a cell to reflect the Last Date Modified of a Word
Document. I did try Google but I don't fully understand the code that they
are saying to use... is there someone who can walk me through how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Forgot to mention to format the cell to date/time format of your choice..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

You can try this UDF which will get you the date and time of any file. If you
are new to UDF set the Security level to low/medium in
(Tools|Macro|Security). From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11.
From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code. Save. Get back to

"snickers22" wrote:

I need help in setting up a cell to reflect the Last Date Modified of a Word
Document. I did try Google but I don't fully understand the code that they
are saying to use... is there someone who can walk me through how to do this?

Modified Date D Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 12 February 12th 07 01:39 PM
Date Last Modified Emma Hope Excel Worksheet Functions 3 July 19th 06 09:06 PM
date that a row is modified vaderj Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 24th 06 10:59 PM
modified date Monty New Users to Excel 1 June 6th 05 12:50 PM
Modified Date DME New Users to Excel 11 December 14th 04 07:15 PM