Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula For Finding a Quotation Mark In a String

I have a bunch of part numbers in Col. A formatted as Text.
Some of these part numbers include a quotation mark (") to signify
diameter in inches.

For instance: 1411-04-RD 1/4" Red Nylon Tubing

What I want to do is write a formula that locates all those parts that
have the quotation mark in their string.

So, I wrote the following (which obviously does not work!!):

=if(find("""",a2), do something, do something else)

I think that my problem is the triple quotation marks in the formula,
but I don't know how to get around it.

Thanks for your suggestions.
--
tb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This might help reduce the confusion.

Assuming it's a double quote and not 2 single quotes.

=IF(COUNT(FIND(CHAR(34),A2)),"Yes","No")

CHAR(34) = " (double quote)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP