KimberlyC

Default Incorporating cell content into a message in a formula

Hi,
I'm using the following formula (located in A8) to alert the user when the
total in C9 does not equal the total in H7 on the Details worksheet.
=IF(C9<'Details'!H7,"Out of Balacne - Check your entries!","")

I would like to have the totals for C9 and H7 (on the Details worksheet )
show in the message ...but not sure how to incorporate that into the
formula...
Somthing Like:
"Out of Balance - your total of 1500 on this sheet should match your total
on the Details worksheet of 2000. Check your entries"

1500 is the total in C9 and 2000 is the total on the Details worksheet in
H7

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Kimberly :)

Ragdyer

Try this:

=IF(C9<Details!H7,"Out of Balance -This sheets total of "&C9&" should match
Details sheet total of "&Details!H7&" - Check your entries!","")
--
HTH,

RD

"KimberlyC" wrote in message
I'm using the following formula (located in A8) to alert the user when the
total in C9 does not equal the total in H7 on the Details worksheet.
=IF(C9<'Details'!H7,"Out of Balacne - Check your entries!","")

I would like to have the totals for C9 and H7 (on the Details worksheet )
show in the message ...but not sure how to incorporate that into the
formula...
Somthing Like:
"Out of Balance - your total of 1500 on this sheet should match your

total
on the Details worksheet of 2000. Check your entries"

1500 is the total in C9 and 2000 is the total on the Details worksheet in
H7

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Kimberly :)

Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:15:45 -0700, "KimberlyC"
wrote:

Hi,
I'm using the following formula (located in A8) to alert the user when the
total in C9 does not equal the total in H7 on the Details worksheet.
=IF(C9<'Details'!H7,"Out of Balacne - Check your entries!","")

I would like to have the totals for C9 and H7 (on the Details worksheet )
show in the message ...but not sure how to incorporate that into the
formula...
Somthing Like:
"Out of Balance - your total of 1500 on this sheet should match your total
on the Details worksheet of 2000. Check your entries"

1500 is the total in C9 and 2000 is the total on the Details worksheet in
H7

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Kimberly :)

Something like:

="Out of Balance - your total of " & TEXT(C9, "0") & " on this sheet should
match your total on the Details worksheet of " & TEXT(Details!H7,"0") & ".
Check your entries."

You may want to change the formatting in the TEXT function.

--ron