Old March 30th 05, 12:45 PM
De Jandon

Default Cell addressing using the content of another cell.

Hi there,
I will like to specify a function e.g. SUM to act on a cell whole address in
the content of another cell.

For instance, I want to sum Cell A12, and Ax and Ax where x is the content
of cell B12 for example. How do I reference a cell with the content of
another cell.

My task for requiring this is because I want to do the following:

Sum B12, B13, B14, B15.... Bxy to cell B4

The end of the B column to sum depends on the value in cell C2 for instance.
So if C2 contained 3, then, the sum function will be limited to SUM B12 and
B13, and B14 only. Then my result will be SUM (B4, B12:B14) in another cell
where the function resides

Likewise, had cell C2 contained 2, then my sum resuly would be SUM(B4,
B12:B13)

Thanks for your response.

Old April 1st 05, 10:59 PM
Jandon

Thanks Duke,

this solved it.

I have asked Bob Phillips to shed more light on the syntax for the INDIRECT
function as it was giving error message when i enter the syntax as he
suggested. If that works too, then it will be nice to know two ways of
solving same problem.

Cheers

"Duke Carey" wrote:

or