Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007 - copying filtered data to another workbook

I am having an issue (all of the sudden) when I copy data from one worksheet
to another.

I have a spreadsheet that is filtered and I choose one of the 15 filters. Of
course this makes the other 14 filters "hidden". I copy the area that I need
and go to paste it into another spreadsheet. It does not give me an option to
paste only the values. Therefore, I will paste it and it keeps the soure
formatting and everything.

Sometimes, it will even only give me a certain amount of data and not all of
it...

For Example:

The Spreadsheet to copy has 50 rows of data. There are 15 alpha-numeric
combinations for the 50 rows. I will copy the colum all the way down for the
50 rows. When I paste it into the new spreadsheet, it only pastes the 15
alpha-numeric combinations in the top 15 rows. It does not put them where
they should be lined up with the other data in the spreadsheet. I have copied
and pasted every way there is to copy and paste...

This is driving me and my co-worker insane because it just started happening.

Can anyone help? lol
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a spreadsheet that is filtered and I choose one of the 15 filters.
Of
course this makes the other 14 filters "hidden".

Do you mean that the range you're copying is part of a filtered list (using
Auto-Filter or Advanced-Filter) or do you mean that some of the rows or
columns have been hidden (using the Hide Columns or Hide Rows command)?
When copying a range that is part of a Filtered list, only Visible cells
will be copied to the clipboard.
When copying a range where columns or rows have been hidden only (no filters
applied), the entire range including the hidden areas will be copied to the
clipboard.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes.
Dave