Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying Filtered Data in Excel 2007

Help - I just upgraded to Office 2007. For some reason, when I filter data in
one of my worksheets and try to copy the filtered data into a new
spreadsheet, all teh rows in between my filtered data are copied to my new
spreadsheet as well and not just my filtered data. I never had this problem
in 2003. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I saw this response in a different forum:

The key here is that if you select just the table (or cells in the same rows
as the table) to copy, then you will get the filtered data.

If you select the filtered cells, plus data outside the table (the row
above/below/both) then you will get the entire list (unfiltered).

You can tell what you are going to get by looking at the "running ants"
selection after pressing Ctrl+C. If you see only one area with the running
ants around the outer perimeter, you are going to get the whole table. If
you see several 'mini-selections' inside a larger bold border, then you will
get the filtered data.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For some reason this only works part of teh time. There seems to be no rhyme
or reason as to when I am going to get teh entore spreadsheet or just teh
filtered area I am trying to copy. ANy suggestions as to what I may be doing
wrong.

Chgofan wrote:

Help - I just upgraded to Office 2007. For some reason, when I filter data in
one of my worksheets and try to copy the filtered data into a new
spreadsheet, all teh rows in between my filtered data are copied to my new
spreadsheet as well and not just my filtered data. I never had this problem
in 2003. Any suggestions?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I haven't used '07, but in '03, you just hit Ctrl+C and then right-click and
do click Paste Special, Values. You could also try Ctrl+G, Special, Visible
Cells Only, Ok, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. I would think some of these features got
carried over to '07.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ryan--

"Chgofan" wrote:

Help - I just upgraded to Office 2007. For some reason, when I filter data in
one of my worksheets and try to copy the filtered data into a new
spreadsheet, all teh rows in between my filtered data are copied to my new
spreadsheet as well and not just my filtered data. I never had this problem
in 2003. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks - those steps seem to work. You would think they would have kept it
just as simple in 2007 version instead of making it a complicated step.
Thanks to all of you for your help.