Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default repeated values

I have 16 coulmns and 239 rows containing telephone numbers. I want to know
whether there are repeated telephone numbers in a column or row.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In a blank cell outside your data use:

=IF(MAX(COUNTIF($A$1:$J$10,$A$1:$J$10))=1,"no","ye s")
submit it using ctrl+shift+enter rather than just enter.

This tells you if the data has got repeated values (yes) or not (no).
--
Allllen