Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding to numbers

Hi All,

I know this is probably a very simple function, but I can't for the life of
me make this work!!! I have a column with all different numbers. I need to
add 3 to each number. Ex. 12.46 needs to change to 15.46. This can be done in
the same column or a different column. Doesn't matter. I just need to add 3
to each number in the column. Right now I'm typing them in :o

Thanks in advance!

Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Lori" wrote:
I need to add 3 to each number. Ex. 12.46 needs to change to 15.46.
This can be done in the same column

Put 3 into some cell and copy that cell. Then select the range of numbers
to be incremented and do paste-special-value-add. For example, right click,
click Paste Special Value, select Add and click OK. Then you delete the
value 3 in the helper cell.

I know this is probably a very simple function, but I can't for the life
of
me make this work!!! I have a column with all different numbers. I need to
add 3 to each number. Ex. 12.46 needs to change to 15.46. This can be done
in
the same column or a different column. Doesn't matter. I just need to add
3
to each number in the column. Right now I'm typing them in :o

Thanks in advance!

Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

Enter 3 in an empty cell
Copy that cell: EditCopy
Select the range of cells you want to increase
Then, EditPaste SpecialAddOK

Delete the 3

--
Biff