Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pasting charts to Word without Gridlines

I'm trying to paste charts from my Excel 2007 to Word 2007, but the gridlines
(NOT BORDERS) are appearing on my word doc. This didn't happen before today.
When I paste, I use the Paste Special Picture (Enhanced Metafile). And I
don't want to use the "hide gridlines" on the excel b/c I didn't have to do
it before and I don't want to do that every single time I paste to Word. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Not clear on this one? You can turn gridlines off in a chart by unchecking
Gridlines on the View tab. If you don't want gridlines in a chart, select
the chart and choose Chart Tools, Layout, Gridlines, Primary Horizontal
Gridlines, None.

Generally, I would just do a regular copy and paste of the chart between
Excel and Word 2007, not using picture.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Brian" wrote:

I'm trying to paste charts from my Excel 2007 to Word 2007, but the gridlines
(NOT BORDERS) are appearing on my word doc. This didn't happen before today.
When I paste, I use the Paste Special Picture (Enhanced Metafile). And I
don't want to use the "hide gridlines" on the excel b/c I didn't have to do
it before and I don't want to do that every single time I paste to Word. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

After talking with my co-workers I realized this started to happen after we
downloaded a Windows update. Before we didn't have to turn off gridlines for
it not to show in Word.

Windows...can you please change it back???!!

"Brian" wrote:

I'm trying to paste charts from my Excel 2007 to Word 2007, but the gridlines
(NOT BORDERS) are appearing on my word doc. This didn't happen before today.
When I paste, I use the Paste Special Picture (Enhanced Metafile). And I
don't want to use the "hide gridlines" on the excel b/c I didn't have to do
it before and I don't want to do that every single time I paste to Word. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have also noticed this issue. Not only does it paste gridlines (it didn't
use to), but it also pastes in the red triangle in the corner of a cell that
has a comment (it didn't use to do this either).

The gridlines can be worked around by removing gridlines from the view tab,
or by coloring the cells with a white background.

Is there any workaround for the comments issue, besides deleting or moving
the comment to a different cell (outside of the copied area)???

I agree: Microsoft, please change this back!!

"Brian" wrote:

I'm trying to paste charts from my Excel 2007 to Word 2007, but the gridlines
(NOT BORDERS) are appearing on my word doc. This didn't happen before today.
When I paste, I use the Paste Special Picture (Enhanced Metafile). And I
don't want to use the "hide gridlines" on the excel b/c I didn't have to do
it before and I don't want to do that every single time I paste to Word. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 11, 6:46*pm, Brian wrote:
I'm trying to paste charts from my Excel 2007 to Word 2007, but the gridlines
(NOT BORDERS) are appearing on my word doc. *This didn't happen before today.
*When I paste, I use the Paste Special Picture (Enhanced Metafile). *And I
don't want to use the "hide gridlines" on the excel b/c I didn't have to do
it before and I don't want to do that every single time I paste to Word. *Any
suggestions?

Apparently, after the latest Office Update, there is a new way of
accomplishing this:

HomePasteAs PictureCopy As PictureAs shown when printed

(Alt,H,V,A,C,P,Enter) (BTW, the keyboard commands used to be so easy;
thanks Microsoft for the improvements)

This will copy the spreadsheet clipping as we were doing before the
update, then paste to Word as you've been doing. Hopefully, this will
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pasting charts to Word without Gridlines - uninstall KB969682?

On Jul 22, 8:57*am, JAG214 wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:46*pm, Brian wrote:

I'm trying topastecharts from myExcel 2007toWord2007, but thegridlines
(NOT BORDERS) are appearing on myworddoc. *This didn't happen before today.
*When Ipaste, I use thePasteSpecial Picture (Enhanced Metafile). *And I
don't want to use the "hidegridlines" on the excel b/c I didn't have to do
it before and I don't want to do that every single time IpastetoWord. *Any
suggestions?

Apparently, after the latest Office Update, there is a new way of
accomplishing this:

HomePasteAs PictureCopy As PictureAs shown when printed

(Alt,H,V,A,C,P,Enter) (BTW, the keyboard commands used to be so easy;
thanks Microsoft for the improvements)

This will copy the spreadsheet clipping as we were doing before the
update, thenpastetoWordas you've been doing. *Hopefully, this will
help.

For those who find the Copy as Picture solution cumbersome, and aren't
afraid to run without all the recent Office patches: uninstalling
Security Update for Excel 2007 (KB969682) fixed it for me. Note I had
uninstalled a couple of others before that - KB956358 and KB969604 -
so the fix might be a result of uninstalling all three. Also, don't
forget to hide the update to keep it from coming back.

Let me add: don't expect Office 2007 SP2 to fix this one like it has
other Excel copy/paste problems. SP2 was my first suspect, but after
running the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for 2007 the problem
remained.