Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kgander kgander is offline

Default Pasting charts to Word without Gridlines - uninstall KB969682?

On Jul 22, 8:57*am, JAG214 wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:46*pm, Brian wrote:

I'm trying topastecharts from myExcel 2007toWord2007, but thegridlines
(NOT BORDERS) are appearing on myworddoc. *This didn't happen before today.
*When Ipaste, I use thePasteSpecial Picture (Enhanced Metafile). *And I
don't want to use the "hidegridlines" on the excel b/c I didn't have to do
it before and I don't want to do that every single time IpastetoWord. *Any
suggestions?

Apparently, after the latest Office Update, there is a new way of
accomplishing this:

HomePasteAs PictureCopy As PictureAs shown when printed

(Alt,H,V,A,C,P,Enter) (BTW, the keyboard commands used to be so easy;
thanks Microsoft for the improvements)

This will copy the spreadsheet clipping as we were doing before the
update, thenpastetoWordas you've been doing. *Hopefully, this will
help.

For those who find the Copy as Picture solution cumbersome, and aren't
afraid to run without all the recent Office patches: uninstalling
Security Update for Excel 2007 (KB969682) fixed it for me. Note I had
uninstalled a couple of others before that - KB956358 and KB969604 -
so the fix might be a result of uninstalling all three. Also, don't
forget to hide the update to keep it from coming back.

Let me add: don't expect Office 2007 SP2 to fix this one like it has
other Excel copy/paste problems. SP2 was my first suspect, but after
running the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for 2007 the problem
remained.