Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Search between dates & return other column

I am looking to solve the following problem

Col A Col B Col C Col D
Date received Date Processed Days taken Are days greater than 3
1/2/3 2/2/3 =b2-a2 if(c23,1,0)
1/2/3 5/2/3 4 1
1/2/3 2/2/3 1 0
2/2/3 5/2/3 3 0
5/2/3 9/2/3 4 1
6/2/3 7/2/3 1 0
etc

Cell E1 is a start date, Cell E2 is a stop date. Problem is what
formula would I put in cell E3 to count the number of incident between
the start and the stop date where Col D for the relevant entries are
1?

Any help is appreciated.

s-t-m

--
sonic-the-mouse
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So what date column should be checked against the start and stop dates in E1
and E2? The Date Received or the Date Processed? Or both?

Need a better explanation.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sonic-the-mouse" wrote in
message ...

I am looking to solve the following problem

Col A Col B Col C Col D
Date received Date Processed Days taken Are days greater than 3
1/2/3 2/2/3 =b2-a2 if(c23,1,0)
1/2/3 5/2/3 4 1
1/2/3 2/2/3 1 0
2/2/3 5/2/3 3 0
5/2/3 9/2/3 4 1
6/2/3 7/2/3 1 0
etc

Cell E1 is a start date, Cell E2 is a stop date. Problem is what
formula would I put in cell E3 to count the number of incident between
the start and the stop date where Col D for the relevant entries are
1?

Any help is appreciated.

s-t-m

--
sonic-the-mouse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry for omitting that part, I would be calculating the dates in Column
A, so if the start date was 1/2/3 and the end date was 2/2/3 it would
return the answer 1 (as there is only 1 incident between these dates
which took longer than 3 days to process. If the start date was 1/2/3
and the end date was 6/2/3 then it would return 2. Hope this helps.

s-t-m

T. Valko;3358856 Wrote:
So what date column should be checked against the start and stop dates
in E1
and E2? The Date Received or the Date Processed? Or both?

Need a better explanation.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sonic-the-mouse" wrote
in
message ...-

I am looking to solve the following problem

Col A Col B Col C Col D
Date received Date Processed Days taken Are days greater than 3
1/2/3 2/2/3 =b2-a2 if(c23,1,0)
1/2/3 5/2/3 4 1
1/2/3 2/2/3 1 0
2/2/3 5/2/3 3 0
5/2/3 9/2/3 4 1
6/2/3 7/2/3 1 0
etc

Cell E1 is a start date, Cell E2 is a stop date. Problem is what
formula would I put in cell E3 to count the number of incident
between
the start and the stop date where Col D for the relevant entries are
1?

Any help is appreciated.

s-t-m

--
sonic-the-mouse -

--
sonic-the-mouse
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10=E1),--(A2:A10<=E2),--(D2:D10=1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sonic-the-mouse" wrote in
message ...

T. Valko;3358856 Wrote:
So what date column should be checked against the start and stop dates
in E1
and E2? The Date Received or the Date Processed? Or both?

Need a better explanation.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sonic-the-mouse" wrote
in
message ...-

I am looking to solve the following problem

Col A Col B Col C Col D
Date received Date Processed Days taken Are days greater than 3
1/2/3 2/2/3 =b2-a2 if(c23,1,0)
1/2/3 5/2/3 4 1
1/2/3 2/2/3 1 0
2/2/3 5/2/3 3 0
5/2/3 9/2/3 4 1
6/2/3 7/2/3 1 0
etc

Cell E1 is a start date, Cell E2 is a stop date. Problem is what
formula would I put in cell E3 to count the number of incident
between
the start and the stop date where Col D for the relevant entries are
1?

Any help is appreciated.

s-t-m

--
sonic-the-mouse -

--
sonic-the-mouse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tried formula below however it just returns zero as an answer no matter
what dates are put in. Any other advice

T. Valko;3359458 Wrote: [color=blue][i]
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10=E1),--(A2:A10=E2),--(D2:D10=1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sonic-the-mouse" wrote
in
message

sonic-the-mouse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That usually means your dates aren't true Excel dates or the dates you
entered in E1:E2 aren't true Excel dates.

In Excel a date is just a number formatted to look like a date. So, if you
enter a true Excel date in a cell:

A1 = 1/1/2009

You can test the date to see if it is in fact a true Excel date:

=ISNUMBER(A1)

Will return TRUE if the entry is a true Excel date. If it retunrs FALSE then
it's not a true Excel date and you need to fix the problem.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sonic-the-mouse" wrote in
message ...[color=blue][i]

T. Valko;3359458 Wrote:
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10=E1),--(A2:A10=E2),--(D2:D10=1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sonic-the-mouse" wrote
in
message

sonic-the-mouse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Checked all dates and they are true dates in excel, however SUMPRODUCT
is still returning zeros.

In F1 I am using

=COUNTIF(a2:a10,"="&E1)-COUNTIF(a2:a10,""&e2)

to return the number of incidents between the dates, but still cannot
work out how to find out how many of those incidents have taken longer
than 3 days to process. Any advice?

s-t-m

T. Valko;3360011 Wrote:
[...]

...--

--
sonic-the-mouse -

--
sonic-the-mouse
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Been playing about with the SUMPRODUCT formula and input

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10=E1),--(A2:A10<=E2),--(D2:D10=1))

The < signs appear to be returning the correct answer! So I fully
understand the formula can you explain what the "--" signifies,
please?

s-t-m
sonic-the-mouse;3360456 Wrote:
Checked all dates and they are true dates in excel, however SUMPRODUCT
is still returning zeros.

In F1 I am using

=COUNTIF(a2:a10,"="&E1)-COUNTIF(a2:a10,""&e2)

to return the number of incidents between the dates, but still cannot
work out how to find out how many of those incidents have taken longer
than 3 days to process. Any advice?

s-t-m

--
sonic-the-mouse