Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert Square Feet to Gallons

We are planning to build a new 400 sq ft pool and I want to determine how
many gallons of water it will take to fill the pool. I cannot figure out the
combinations of functions to give me the result. Can someone help??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

volume = area * height

"Texins Karate" wrote:

We are planning to build a new 400 sq ft pool and I want to determine how
many gallons of water it will take to fill the pool. I cannot figure out the
combinations of functions to give me the result. Can someone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're missing a dimension. Square ft is a two dimensional label, gallons is
three dimensionl.

How deep is your pool? Or rather, how deep do you want it filled with water?
(in feet). You can then multiply this by 400 to give you cubic ft. (Example:
12 ft deep = 400*12 = 4800 cubic ft)

Then, using a quick check from Google:
1 cubic foot = 7.48051948 US gallons

So, if you cubic ft is in A1, your formula becomes
=A1*7.48051948
In Example:
=4800*7.48051948
~35,906.5 gallons
to give you the number of gallons you need.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M